Tuesday, April 8, 2008
I left for the Big Island of Hawaii March 31, and just returned last nite. Will post more about my amazing Volcano and lava experience later...want to get the skivvy posted about the Bodacious Bangles.
1. Rubber Stamp Plantation Stamps (fish tapa, hibiscus, maile lei, kukui lei, lau'ae-fern, swirl sun all xlg bamboo, lg bamboo, all worked great)
2. Wood bangles from DIYbangles.com
3. Radiant Rain luminescent paint daubers from Luminarte, Inc.
4. Stewart Superior black fabric ink (permanent black)
5. Blank/uninked microcellular foam ink pad (I love the large 3 1/2 x 6 1/4 inch pad)
6. Triple Thick coating by DecoArt
7. Makeup sponges to apply the paints
8. Sponge paint brushes to apply the Triple Thick
9. Something with spokes or similar to hang bracelets on to dry
Shake your paints well to evenly distribute the pigment and mica powders (luminescence)
Use the dauber to paint the outside of the bracelets. I open the paints and use makeup sponge for the inside.
Stamp with your favorite Rubber Stamp Plantation stamps with ink
When dry, rub side of bracelet on ink pad to make the black bands
Paint the outside with Triple Thick. let dry and paint the inside....
You're Pau! (done in Hawaiian!)