Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trekking around Maui...and Kula Lavender Farm!

I arrived on Maui, Monday for a wholesale trade show. While waiting for check-in...2 of us hopped into my very full truck (we came over on the Superferry), and headed up the Mountain (Haleakela...which has a crater the size of Manhattan at the top) to visit the Kula Lavender Farm. It was exquisite! I'll post photos and put in links when I return this weekend. I bought huge bouquets of Protea flowers for only $10...Lavender flower season is over, tho the protea are in full bloom. I returned today, after the show to buy as many as is could to bring back for friends!
I also drove through the pastures past Kula and Keokea to meet with Diane and Mike at Ulapalakua Ranch Store, which dates back to the 1880's. They had invited me to lunch, tho arrived a bit late because I was so distracted along the way.

Hope you'll take time for Upcountry Maui when on island next!
Palms waving aloha,
debz

No comments:

Post a Comment